The search box area on your Winning Agent Pro theme can have a custom IDX Broker search box, instead of the AgentPress Listings shown in the theme demo.
When we set up your search box for you, you can select the default values for your search fields.
- Default Property Type
- Starting Minimum Price Range
- Ending Maximum Price Range
- Minimum Bedrooms Default
- Minimum Bathrooms Default
- Default City
Often though, you aren’t sure what values you really want to use. Did you know that you can easily change these search values in your IDX Broker Dashboard whenever you like? Here’s how to do it.
Your IDX Broker Dashboard
First, login to your IDX Broker Dashboard.
- Select the icon – Designs.
- Select the drop down – Widgets.
- Select – Manage
Your IDX Broker Widgets
Next you will be at a screen that lists all the widgets you have created, including the one we created for your search bar. This example show only two widgets. You may have many, and since the default shows only ten at a time, you may need to page to the next set of widgets.
- In this case the widget we want is named Winning Agent Pro Theme; your widget name may be different.
- The Type is Quick Search.
- There is an ID# that can be used to find your widget; more on how later.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the Quick Search widget in your search bar.
Edit Your Quick Search Widget
Next you will be at the screen to edit your search values. Please leave the width values, the CSS, and the mobile responsive set to “No”, as the styles we’ve added to your theme take care of those.
But go ahead and change the default values to reflect the homes you sell.
When you’re finished, click the blue Save Widget Settings button.
You don’t have to change anything on your website; the next time you refresh your browser, the new values should be in your search bar.
How to Find the Correct Widget in Your Website
Sometimes you may not remember all the names of the widgets you’ve added, so here’s how you can find the one we’ve added to your Search Bar.
- Login to your WordPress website.
- In the Admin menu on the left, click on Appearance > Widgets.
- Find the Search Bar widget area. There will be a Text widget inside it.
- Click to open the Text widget.
- You can find the “widgetid=”. The five-diget number is the same as the widget ID# that you see in IDX Broker when you are on the “Widgets – Manage all your widgets screen.”
And, of course, we’re here to help you, if you need it. Just complete a support request.
Leave a Reply