How do I add market reports to my website?
The IDX Broker Market Reports feature is an excellent way to show your real estate expertise and provide valuable service to your site visitors. You can create reports in seconds to show the market stats and general demographic info on cities, counties, or postal codes included in your MLS. The reports will automatically generate professional-looking graphs and charts as well as fully interactable options for viewing additional information. It’s a very powerful tool and essential to an excellent real estate site, so what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
There are two ways to make use of the IDX Market Reports feature: with a widget or page. First, let’s go over how to make a widget:
Inside your IDX Broker dashboard, click on the Design tab in your main menu to the left. Select Widgets from the new options that appear, and then New.
New or Legacy? You’ll see the term “Legacy” in various places throughout the dashboard. It denotes the classic, tried-and-true widgets that have been around and improved upon for years. By choosing New, you’ll be directed to the latest and greatest features added in more recent updates. In this case, the more recently added Market Reports widget is located under “New.”
From here, these are the steps to take to create your Market Report widget.
- Click on the Create New button.
- Click on Create Widget on the Market Report option.
- From here you have a number of options for setting up your widget. First and foremost, you’ll want to give it a name. We recommend using something simple but easy to recognize–in this case, we’ll go with “Springfield Market Report”
- Add a location in the provided field by city, county, or postal code. For this widget, we’ll add Springfield, OR.
- You have 3 choices of layout for your widget. Selecting an option with the radio button will show you a preview in the space to the right.
Which layout is best for me?
You’ll see that on the layout choices there are some basic recommendations for where the various options will work the best. For example, horizontal widgets will be the full content width of your site and take up relatively little vertical space. This layout is ideal for pages where you have full-width content already. It also looks great on your home page.
The square layout is best for “restricted width layouts,” which generally means any space or container with a specific size. A good example of this would be a page with set columns for content or a website footer.
The vertical layout is perfect for sidebar content. If your website theme settings allow for a sidebar rather than full-width content, a Market Report widget can make an excellent addition to your overall site design.
- Once you’ve chosen your widget layout, you can edit the color scheme. Either use the color picker tool provided or add specific HEX codes to match your branding or website.
Time to add your new widget to your website! Copy the provided code snippet and paste it into a Custom HTML Block. Don’t forget to preview before you publish your changes.
Here we learned how to make a widget based on a city but don’t forget you can make showcase widgets for postal codes and counties as well. Choose whatever range works best for your needs and experiment!
Don’t want to embed a widget but still want to make Market Reports available on your site? Add a link in a menu or button instead.
- Inside your IDX Broker dashboard, click on the Design tab in your main menu to the left. Then click on Website, and then Page Templates.
- At the very bottom of the list of pages, you’ll see the Report Pages category. Next to Market Reports, click on the link to bring up the page URL for your Market Reports page.
- Now, you can take that URL and add it just as you would any other hyperlink on your website. Try including it in your menu or on a resource page if you have one.
Got any great ideas to share? Make sure to let us know in a comment below.
Don’t have an IDX Broker account set up yet? Sign up here and get started!