- September 29, 2016 at 5:14 pm #7587DanielleParticipant
My profile image from gravatar is not loading on the theme. Any suggestions. I have followed all of the instructions.
- September 29, 2016 at 5:17 pm #7592Marcy DiazKeymaster
There are a number of things you can do to get the custom size Gravatar to appear. Those images are on the Gravatar website and being pulled from there, so there is not much we can do to control it.
Here are some things that we’ve found to work.
- Is your site behind a Coming Soon? If so, you may need to wait for the site to go live.
- Add your website to Gravatar.com – http://en.gravatar.com/support/profile-links/ . And then Log Out of the Gravatar website. (Logging out updates the Gravatar cache.)
- Try a different size Gravatar image on your WordPress website.
In WordPress, go to the widget under Appearance > Widgets > Front Page 1 (or Footer 1) and find the Genesis – User Profile widget. Then where is says Gravatar Size, choose Small or Large. Save the widget. Check the front to see if the Gravatar image is there. If it is, then go back to Appearance > Widgets > Front Page 1 > Genesis – User Profile, and choose Agent Profile Image Size. Save the widget. This usually works.
- The other thing you can do if you do not want to depend on Gravatar is to install a local avatar plugin, so that it uses an image you’ve uploaded directly to WordPress, instead of the Gravatar website.
We like https://wordpress.org/plugins/basic-user-avatars/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/avatar-manager/. Install one of these and activate it.
Then go to Users > your username, and there will be a place near the bottom to upload a local user avatar. You can use the same one you have on Gravatar. Then you may need to go back into Genesis – User Profile widget to Save again.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.