Tagged: landing page
- June 1, 2014 at 5:59 pm #3059Ginger CoolidgeParticipant
We’ve had a few questions on how to customize the Landing Page template so I thought I’d write a short tutorial on this.
The prerequisites are:
- You have FTP access to your Winning Agent Pro theme files.
- You are comfortable editing PHP files and have a text editor to do this with.
The file, page_landing.php can be found in your winning agent theme folder:
When you open it, you’ll see each entry with a comment on each feature that’s being removed. These are the normal elements of a regular “page” that it’s removing to create that blank canvas we know as a landing page. Any element you would like to remain, comment out or delete the remove_action line and it will now appear on your landing page.
For example, someone mentioned the Winning Agent theme demo has the search bar at the top of the page.
Remove the line below and the search bar will now display at the top of the landing page:
remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'wap_search_bar' );
You can experiment with the individual components to achieve the look you desire.
Another tip is you can leave your original landing page in tact and save your newly, edited one with a different template and file name. When you do this it will automatically be added to your list of Templates when creating a new page.
To achieve this:
- Notice at the top of page_landing.php, you’ll see Template Name: Landing. You can change this to however you’d like it to appear in the template list. I called mine Single Property Page since I plan to use it as a single property web site.
- When you save your file as a different filename:
- Put the file in the same location as the original landing page.
- Name it anything you like except do not use the “page-” prefix or WordPress will interpret as part of the theme hierarchy. (Source: Carrie’s tutorial on creating a custom page template)
That’s all there is to it! This is a powerful, yet easy way to create any number of page templates you might use on a regular basis while leaving your original theme files in tact.
- The topic ‘How To Customize the Landing Page template’ is closed to new replies.