- November 8, 2014 at 5:28 pm #3858Winning Agent StaffKeymaster
Is FHA still a great loan for first time home buyers?
- November 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm #3978Steve SmitherParticipant
When FHA was created in 1934 it was to assist the common man in his desire to buy a home.
This premise is still there today and first time home-buyers are a huge part of that group.
FHA allows for first time home-buyers to be able to qualify easier due to more relaxed credit requirements, flexible debt to income ratios, lower down payment requirements, and even more understanding of difficult events in a persons life including bankruptcy and foreclosure.
FHA also has programs that can help accommodate the first time home-buyer buy a home that simply needs work or simply the buyer doesn’t have much of a down payment. (See FHA 203K rehab loan and HUD $100 down program). So the short answer to your question is absolutely. FHA is a great program for first time home-buyers…
- August 8, 2019 at 11:21 am #10204adamhenryParticipant
I think FHA is a great loan programmer for the first time home buyer.
- December 3, 2018 at 9:37 am #9398Richard M.Keymaster
Hi Jessica, can you be more specific? Talk soon!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.