Have you ever opened your WordPress site and then proceeded to stare at that blank white box, struggling with what to write? Many real estate agents, even those with years of blogging experience, find themselves stuck when it comes to real estate blog topics. You’re not alone. If you find yourself unable to come up with a topic for your next blog, perhaps one of the ideas below will spark your imagination. You can use them as they are, or you can adjust them to fit your style and your personality.
Click here to learn how a real estate website theme can make your site stand out and boost your business.
Why Your Business Needs a Blog
Many real estate professionals believe they don’t have the time to write high-quality blog posts. However, if you want your website to rank on search engines – and want to connect with new clients – you can’t afford not to blog. Technology plays a huge part in our daily lives. More than 90% of all real estate buyers now begin their search online. Your website is the virtual storefront for your business. Moreover, your blog helps site visitors get to know you: your personality, expertise, and style.
With so much on your plate, it can be difficult deciding what to write on your real estate website. That’s why we created this list to help you get those words flowing.
Before you get too far down the writing road, consider conducting some basic SEO keyword research. SEO determines where your page ranks on the search engine results page. Knowing which keywords to include can help your business rank higher in search engine results. The better your SEO, the more eyes you’ll have on your site – and the more potential clients you will reach.
65 Great Topics for a Real Estate Blog Post
- How to give your property more curb appeal (see our blog post about this topic here)
- Tips for selling your home in a specific neighborhood, area, state, etc.
- Home selling secrets (such as worthwhile upgrades, inexpensive fixes, and staging advice)
- How to stage a home for a viewing or open house
- “Listicles” of home buying tips (Example: 10 Home Buying Tips You Need to Know!)
- Little-known things to look for when buying a home
- A guide for first-time homebuyers (the home buying process, loan options, what to look for in a home, etc.)
- Things first-time homebuyers or home sellers wish they’d been told
- Specific considerations when choosing a neighborhood (schools, safety, etc.)
- How home buying/selling has changed over time (year to year, over five years, 10 years, etc.)
- How to save money when buying a home
- Rankings of the best cities and states for homeownership
- A feature of school districts in your local area, with pros/cons for parents and students
- How to look up crime stats and why they matter when considering a home
- A monthly real estate report for your city, state, or region
- The real estate market: where it stands today (remember to update this or write a new blog periodically as the market changes)
- Reasons why now is the time to buy/sell
- Changes in mortgage rates and how they affect you
- Determining your best listing price
- When to lower your listing price
- How to move a stagnating property
- Average home prices: listing prices, sale prices, and appraisals in your area
- Top 10 mortgage mistakes to avoid
- Is your Realtor really helping you?
- How to avoid getting turned down for a mortgage
- Finding the best mortgage interest rates
- Top buyer misconceptions
- Top seller myths
- The most expensive homes in your city/state
- Finding homes for sale using technology (discuss apps and online listings)
- Creating a “must-have” list for home buying
- What type of potential buyers is your property attracting?
- Why getting pre-qualified for a mortgage is necessary
- Highlight upcoming events in your neighborhood/city
- Trends in the housing market
- How luxury properties have changed in the past 20 years (and how they might change in the future)
- All you need to know about property taxes
- A list of your newest properties (click here to learn how you can integrate listings on your website)
- Write about a major change in your city – a large new employer moving in, a new school opening, a disaster that has caused damage, etc. Anything that might affect real estate.
- The pros and cons of a homeowners association
- Should you live in a historic district? (Mention specific considerations when living in a historic home).
- Is there a best time to buy a home?
- “Why isn’t my house selling?” and other questions you may have
- Is buying a foreclosed property a good idea?
- Tips for getting financing
- Tips for buying an older home
- The downsides of trying to sell your home yourself
- Unexpected expenses when buying a first home
- What is escrow?
- What happens when your home is professionally assessed?
- What can/should you ask the seller to fix?
- Dealing with closing costs
- What happens at closing?
- The hot new home features of the year
- Why I became a Realtor (let your clients get to know you better)
- Write a post welcoming new people to your office, or saying goodbye to those leaving
- Post about any awards or noteworthy recognition your agency receives
- The best rooms to renovate
- Landscaping tips for sellers
- Simple mistakes that repel buyers
- Weekly/monthly list of open houses coming up, homes that have sold, etc.
- Where is the housing market going? Predictions for next quarter, next year, and beyond.
- Is a reverse mortgage a good idea?
- What new technology is impacting the real estate industry?
- Relocation resources for your area. Include things like utilities, landscape companies, etc.
These are just a few different ideas you can use as a jumping-off point for your real estate blog. Once you’ve written a few posts, you’ll probably find that picking topics comes more easily to you. If you ever get stuck, just come back to this list for inspiration.